Saturday, April 25, 2009

April Papertrey Blog Hop



Used the Recipe Wrap to make a Mother's Day 'card' for my mom. As there are 6 pockets in this template it fitted perfectly with the 6 letters in the word 'Mother'. I found this poem on the internet.

M is for the Moments she wiped away my tears
O is for the Opportunity she gave me through the years
T is for her Thoughtfulness in everything she does
H reminds me of her Heart that's always filled with love
E is the Encouragement that's given out for free
R is for Reliable - she's always there for me.

I then made a card with each letter of the word and printed out the appropriate part of the poem. I placed one card in each pocket. I adhered a photo at the bottom of each card, so this Recipe Wrap is more like a mini album.

26 comments:

  1. Your Mom is going to LOVE this Lee! Love the colours you chose! Beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea. I love the clean crisp colors! I might have to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brilliant idea - it looks great - I love the mini album style. Mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lee I love this - your mom will be in tears for it - it's just a wonderful way to show your love (and we mom's love that LOL) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love that photo of you two. What a touching gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is so creative!!! What mother wouldn't love this!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mom would love this! I am sure you will make her day.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is amazing, such a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this!! What a beautiful gift! and the color combination is so elegant!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom is going to cry her eyes out, how beautiful and that poem! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great! I love that poem and may have to use it for my mother's day project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee I LOVE this.. what a BEAUTIFUL gift!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very special! This is such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea! I love that the pictures are hidden until you pull the cards out of the pockets. A nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this goes beyond a treasure! I know she'll truly treasure it & look at it again & again!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous gift idea! I'm sure your mother will be thrilled with this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love what you've done with the template.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic idea! I am sure your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great as a mini album! THanks for the accordian flower link too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great project! I love the color palette you went with. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Idea! How creative. I love the color combo you used too.

    ReplyDelete